Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LOST - Plane crash site on beach...


Click the image or here to view my Pano gallery


UPDATE - So instead of having a whole blog dedicated just to LOST filming spot finds, I'm redoing my whole blog to be focused on my Photography in general, and I moved the post from my LOST blog to be the first post on this blog...

Holy crap it's been a long time since I blogged, and not like the few month break most people take, I'm talking like YEARS. So much of a break that I'm starting over on this blog, just with the intent of posting images I've taken across Hawaii!

Ever since coming to Hawaii, I was excited and interested in finding filming spots from LOST, and visited a couple of websites here and there. Then kind of put it on the back burner. So late last week I go out driving to this place I saw on the map and figured it would be pretty cool to go check out. I'm pulling up to the beach, and I get this surreal feeling like I've been here before. And it wasn't one of those oh, I've seen this place once or twice, it was like I know this place. I didn't have my camera with me, so I took a couple of quick snapshots with my BlackBerry, upload them, and start seeing the similarities to the beach from LOST.

I upload the pictures and my wife is immediately like, dude that's the beach from LOST. I was like no, it might look a lot like it, but it's not the beach. But I started doubting that more and more, so I pull back that website again and voila, my beach I randomly drove out to, is indeed the site where they filmed LOST.

The place, for those curious, is Ka'ena Point or Army Beach (wiki) Google Maps

Here's some pictures I took (hosted on my Flickr site)

At first I thought this was the tree where we see Jack's Father, but it turns out that tree was burned down :(


From my first visit with my camera phone (I know not bad for a camera phone)








Screen captures from LOST and LOST Virtual Tour















So this was my first location scouting if you will, I plan to find more spots and get better shots of the beach too.

Aaron

No comments: