Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LOST - Mackey's Shrimp Truck (spot)

So we had nice weather (ie not cloudy) for the first time in a week, and it was my day off too, so I decided to get out and shoot some pictures. My first stop was a LOST site, where the scene where Sawyer confronts and kills Macky in Season 1 of LOST. Second goal was to eat a meal from Fumi, Macky's competition. The spot where the scene was filmed was owned by Fumi, and LOST brought in Macky's truck to shoot. So darn I have to go find Macky's truck (I found it it's located in Haleiwa, just didn't get a chance to stop and photograph it) and have a meal there.




Those are actually the same spot, the 2nd is just a crop. I snapped those real quick as I pulled out of the parking lot after finishing the meal.




For lunch, I had the Garlic Butter Shrimp (#2), their most popular meal. Next time I'm up there I'll have to try the Spicy Shrimp, their next most popular meal. The food was really good, I think I got 10 or so jumbo shrimps, 2 clumps of rice, a salad, and a big chunk of fresh pineapple (the pineapple was very yummy). I was impressed by their food. First time I've eaten at a shrimp truck. For those curious it was $12 for the meal, and $1 for a can of Pepsi. Not too bad for seafood on the island, for reference a value meal at BK or Jack in the Box costs $7.

Next time I'll get some pictures of Mackey's truck and have a meal to complete this...

Laters,
Aaron

No comments: