Friday, December 11, 2009

New Changes to Website

Hey all,

A new year is coming, I'm on vacation, and with all this free time I decided to make some fun changes to my Photography website. The first change you might notice is my Photography by Aaron P Brown logo is no longer centered, it's aligned left, and the toolbars instead of being centered and below the logo are now on the same level and aligned right. This will change to depending on the browser window size, the reason I did that was to make more screen room available for this next change...

The biggest and most noticeable change was done to the slideshow on my homepage. I found out some SmugMug users had improved the code on the slideshow to also make it "stretchy" so on real high resolutions you'll see more detail on my pictures, which is especially awesome for the panoramas I have in the slideshow. So no matter what resolution you're running the javascript will resize the slideshow to be optimal for your browser, pretty awesome eh?

I also randomized the order of the images in the slideshow. I edited my blog to match the new arrangement as well. At the bottom of my homepage and blog are now clickable links to email me, instead of the 1988 method of having to either copy and paste it, remove the spaces and change [at] to @, etc. Plus on my webpage it's spam bot proof, mouse over the code to see, on the blog I couldn't figure out to get that javascript to work, so it's just an old fashioned a href="mailto:"...

While messing with all the code, I noticed some of the pictures in my slideshow were just web uploads 800x533, etc. So I'm in the process of uploading full versions to replace the web ones.

Last but not least I uploaded the "Keepers" batch from my December 2004 McKinney, TX Tiger Shoot. A few of these were already in my portfolio, but while looking for the originals to replace the web versions I had uploaded, I noticed some awesome shots that weren't on my site, so I did a quick run through, proccessed the keepers and uploaded to a new gallery: Tigers @ McKinney, TX - December 2004

And now it's 5:43am Mountain time so I'm probably going to pass out here in the next couple of minutes :)

Thanks for reading/swinging on by, and catcha later,
Aaron

No comments: